There are tons of great-looking video games. Fighting games are fast-paced, competitive, and fun-to-play against your friends in offline multiplayer mode. Gamers looking to for the best fighting video games have come to the right place. Now, you will know who’s the real boss in your company. So, without any further ado, here are the 5 Best fighting games below:
5 Best Fighting Video Games
Throw punches and guide them mid-flight to hit agile fighters, avoid incoming attacks with dashes, or trampoline high into the air to rain down fists from above. Power-up your punches to deal extra damage or curve your fists around obstacles to hit skittish opponents. Fill up your special gauge to dish out devastating combinations and finish them off. Unleash your inner fighter in this unbelievable sporting event!
- Fight via simple motion and button controls
- Select from a variety of fighters
- Fight in arenas with unique obstacles
- Choose your arms carefully
2. Super Smash Bros
Four-player action fighter, starring 12 Nintendo mascots, including Mario, Luigi, Fox, Link, Samus, Pikachu, Jigglypuff and Captain Falcon. All the action takes place on one screen, from a zoomed out third-person perspective more reminiscent of old-school platformers than traditional fighting games. The premise is as simple as the controls. Beat up you opponents and knock them off the fighting platform to score a point. The more damage your opponents sustain, the farther you can throw them.
Unlike most fighting games, Super Smash Bros. allows you to team up with a computer partner and take on other teams in both single and multiplayer modes. But the most fun is had when four human players play in a battle royale. The game quickly becomes a scene of incredibly fun chaos: picture Mario beating up on Luigi, while Donkey Kong is chased by a scampering, sledgehammer-wielding Pikachu. It’s the perfect party game. –Hugh Arnold
- Great characters: Mario, Luigi, Pikachu, Kirby, Donkey Kong, Link, Star Fox, Yoshi, and more
- Simple gameplay
- Computer partner option
- Colorful arenas
- Limited number of arenas
3. Injustice 2
INJUSTICE 2 allows you to equip every iconic character with unique and powerful gear earned throughout the game. Experience an unprecedented level of control over how your favorite characters look, how they fight, and how they develop across a huge variety of game modes. This is your super Hero. Your Journey. Your Injustice.
- EVERY BATTLE DEFINES YOU: With every match you’ll earn gear to equip, customize and evolve your favorite DC Super Hero or Super-Villain, meaningfully impacting how your character both looks and fights.
- A NEW THREAT RISES: Continue the epic cinematic story set in motion in INJUSTICE: GODS AMONG US as Batman and his allies work towards putting the pieces of society back together, but struggle against those who would restore Superman’s Regime. In the midst of this chaos, a new threat appears that forces old enemies to forge new alliances…
- THE BEST OF DC: Choose your character from the biggest DC Universe roster a fighting game has ever seen – from classic fan favorites to astonishing new villains. Battle across iconic locations such as Gotham City and Atlantis in epic scale battles that use and destroy everything around you.
- BUILT BY NETHERREALM: Developers of the best-selling and critically acclaimed MORTAL KOMBAT franchise, NetherRealm Studios brings unrivaled storytelling, robust content, and best-in-class fighting mechanics to the DC Universe.
4. Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
In Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, fill the shoes of legendary characters from both the Marvel and Capcom Universes -including massively popular characters such as Ryu, Wolverine, Iron Man, and Morrigan, as well as fan favorites such as Trish from Devil May Cry and the wise-cracking Deadpool. They all come to you battle in a living comic book art style powered by Capcom’s MT Framework. Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 prepares to take the battle to all-new heights in a updated version of the original hit fighting game Marvel Vs. Capcom 3. With brand new iconic characters from the Marvel and Capcom universes – now with 48 characters on the disc – a refined fighting system and new modes, Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 continues the Capcom fighting game legacy.
- Go to battle with the ultimate roster of 50 Capcom and Marvel heroes and villains, including every character from the original game and 12 new fighters
- Fight as Capcom’s Strider and Firebrand, as well as Marvel’s Ghost Rider and Hawkeye
- Explore eight new over-the-top stages that will put your fighting skills to the test
- Newly rebalanced gameplay provides more depth and accessibility for both newcomers and experienced gamers
- Enjoy new modes and enhancements, including the fan-requested Spectator mode during the online experience
5. Tekken 7
Raise your fists and get ready for the ultimate battle on the next generation of home consoles. Powered by the Unreal Engine 4, the storied fighting franchise returns for another round in Tekken 7. With the faithful 3D battle system and gameplay intact, Tekken 7 takes the franchise to the next level with photo-realistic graphics and new and innovative features and fighting mechanics. Tekken 7 resurrects the attitude, competitiveness and showmanship rooted in its arcade DNA to provide the ultimate fighting game experience.
- Unreal Engine 4 – Powered by the Unreal Engine 4, Tekken 7 sets a new benchmark for graphical fidelity for the fighting game genre, pushing the new generation visuals to the limit.
- Seamless Story Experience – Hollywood-like, over-the-top cinematic action sequences blend flawlessly into fierce battles.
- The Final Chapter of the Mishima Blood Saga – Tekken 7 represents the final chapter of the 20-year-long Mishima feud.
- Roster of Over 30 Playable Characters – Select characters from an impressive roster of fan-favorites and all-new fighters, each with a distinct set of deadly techniques, martial arts moves and combos.
- Street Fighter Cross-Over Character – Street Fighter’s Akuma flawlessly transitions into the 3D space and joins the fray in an epic franchise mash-up complete with all his shoto-style moves.
This list includes all the games that are great for a fighting game enthusiast. We have a game for everyone, be it a newbie, pro, or a competitive fighting game player.